I’ve learned you have to fight the war on canine lymphoma with multiple weapons and strategies. First, build up the immune system. Secondly, use cancer supplements like AHCC to kill aggressive lymphoma cancer cells.
I added the AHCC (Active Hexose Correlated Compound) to Casey’s routine because this dietary supplement is said to:
- support healthy liver function,
- act as an antioxidant,
- significantly increase Natural Killer (NK) Cell activity.
- be compatible with my current treatment of choice – Protocel.
What exactly is this AHCC cancer supplement?
AHCC is a “proprietary blend of specially cultivated mushroom mycelia extract supplement” that provides immune support for both humans and dogs. These hybrid mushrooms are what’s called a nutraceutical. I added AHCC to Casey’s lymphoma cancer treatment arsenal last month to help boost his immune system. I just open the capsules and sprinkle the powder on his food at breakfast and dinner and he loves it. I know other people give their dogs the capsules disguised with coconut oil, cream cheese, or peanut butter. Luckily Casey still loves to eat, so I don’t have that problem.
In his book Dog Cancer: The Holistic Answer: A Step by Step Guide, Dr. Eisen reports that in Japan, AHCC is considered a main-stream cancer treatment. Used in over 800 hospitals, AHCC has a pretty impressive set of credentials. AHCC
- Has been effective in 60% of cancer patients
- Reduces tumor size often shrinking them completely
- Can inhibit metastasis and recurrence of cancer
- Increases patient’s survival periods
- Improves patient’s conditions with no side effects
- Mitigates or eliminates the side effects of chemotherapy
- Restores NK cell activity suppressed by chemotherapy
Dr. Eisen used AHCC in treating his own dog Fergie who also had lymphoma. I wish I had known about this supplement when Casey was first diagnosed.
If chemotherapy is not a treatment option for you and you have chosen to treat your dog’s lymphoma holistically like I have, we have to be realistic. Lymphoma in dogs is a very aggressive cancer. You cannot get rid of it with a healthy diet alone. We have to be aggressive in fighting cancer in our dogs.
I always shop for the best price before I buy. Often, I find that Amazon has the most competitive pricing. Amazon carries the well known Kinoko Gold, Source Naturals, and NOW brands of AHCC. Click here to check out the various brands, pricing, and information.
AHCC Canine Lymphoma Supplement Summary:
- AHCC is especially beneficial for canine lymphoma because it activates the immune system to fight the cancer on its own.
- AHCC supports healthy “Natural Killer” (also known as NK) cell function for canine lymphoma cancer.
- Sold as a “dietary supplement” for immune support, AHCC has also been shown to possess antioxidant properties which supports healthy liver function.
Places to Purchase: Amazon